Sunday, January 30, 2011

Word Throw Down # 7

I know there are people out there who would shy away from snuggling a newborn until they are a bit older and less fragile, but most would agree that there is something so adorable and precious about looking into the face of an infant. I am one of those people who absolutely loves everything about babies, and I am so lucky to have 2 special infants in my life at the moment. Very close friends just had a little boy named Blake and my brother just had a little girl named Makayla. So the word throw down this week is to make up a little poem/song that you could sing to an infant to calm them or put them to sleep.



GOODNIGHT MY SWEET

Goodnight my sweet it's time for bed.
You have to rest your sleepy head.

Let's sing a song to say good night.
It's time for you to close your eyes.

Tomorrow is a brand new day
When we can learn and laugh and play.

So cuddle warm and fall asleep.
I love you baby, goodnight my sweet.

I sing this song as if I'm a softly bellowing Etta James, but you can create a short soft tune to any music, and why not try it out on your spouse when you are snuggling before bed if you don't have a tiny infant around. It's nice to smile before you fall asleep.

No comments: